September 24, 2013

Interview with MOPPETS Worker Robin Gomez

Since the MOPS theme this year is "A Beautiful Mess: Embracing Your Story," we will be featuring the stories of the Castro Valley MOPS community. Here is the story of our MOPPETS coordinator, Robin Gomez.

Photo Credit: nan D photography

Tell us about yourself and your family.

My name is Robin Gomez and I'm the MOPPET's Coordinator. I've been married to John for 22 years on September 14th! We have three kids who all help in MOPPETS! Ben is 19, Alex is 17 and Tori is 15.


Tell us about your experience and involvement in MOPS.

I attended my first MOPS when I was pregnant with Ben - that will be 19 years ago in January. In June I was asked to be the Coordinator for the following year! I encouraged my friends to join me so I wasn't in it alone! Besides Coordinator, I have also done Crafts, Hospitality, Publicity, and now MOPPETS. There was also a homeschool room that I helped in after Tori graduated Kindergarten. I started helping in MOPPETS 2 1/2 years ago because my daughter wanted to help and she couldn't help unless I was there. It has been a joy to serve alongside her in this ministry.


What age group do you work with? Which room?

I work in the Nursery with the babies.


What is your favorite part of working in the MOPPETS ministry?

Knowing that you MOMS are getting some adult time and conversation. I enjoyed my time in MOPS so much, that I want to give back so that other moms can experience it, too.


When you are not serving in MOPPETS, what are you doing? Work/hobby?

I homeschool my kids (the first graduated in 2012). I am a Creative Memories Consultant (18 years) and a LifeVantage Distributor (9 months). I enjoy walking and exercising and cooking healthy food. I enjoy camping (I only wish I could do more of it!) and spending time with my family.


What is your best MOPPETS memory?

I like seeing how God provides just enough volunteers every week to watch your kids. I also love seeing special smiles from babies and moms!


Anything else you would like to share with the MOPS moms?

Enjoy your MOPS years! They will help you be a better mom and wife. They sure helped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope While Waiting